Total Pageviews

Being a Player

'Wonder quotes/remarks about players, being a player and sports.'

"Our dear math, I know that you have too many X's but can you please stop being a player and choose one."

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts, His acts being seven ages."
- William Shakespeare

"I received a shot and broke my tooth. Unfortunately, we Italians only eat pasta al dente."
- Roberto Baggio

"There are three types of baseball players: those who make it happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happens."
- Tommy Lasorda

"People don't think I've got the brains to be that clever."
- David Beckham

"I'm like money, at the end of the day everybody quite likes me."
- Romario

"For a spring training drill, Yogi instructed his players to: "Pair off in threes"."
- Yogi Berra

"Most football players are temperamental. That's 90 percent temper and 10 percent mental."
- Doug Plank

"Although I wanted my players to work to win, I tried to convince them they had always won when they had done their best."
- John Wooden

"By the time the fool has learned the game, the players have dispersed."
- African Proverb

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."
- Paul Bryant