Total Pageviews

Meaningful Books Quotes

'Books are our real friends. Reading books is really a very good habit which give us knowlegde and broadens our minds. Here are some very meaningful quotes about Books to understand the worth of them.'

Books

This is an important book, the critic assumes, because it deals with war. This is an insignificant book because it deals with the feelings of women in a drawing-room.
- Virginia Woolf

The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read by Abraham Lincoln

If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, you must be the one to write it.
- Toni Morrison

I've always believed in writing without a collaborator, because where two people are writing the same book, each believes he gets all the worry and only half the royalties.
- Agatha Christie

The books that help you most are those which make you think that most. The hardest way of learning is that of easy reading; but a great book that comes from a great thinker is a ship of thought, deep freighted with truth and beauty.
- Pablo Neruda

A book is a garden, an orchard, a storehouse, a party, a company by the way, a counselor, a multitude of counselors.
- Charles Baudelaire

Miss a meal if you have to, but don't miss a book by Jim Rohn

There is no friend as loyal as a book.
- Ernest Hemingway

I don't care what they do with my book so long as the flippin check clears.
- Chuck Palahniuk

Once I planned to write a book of poems entirely about the things in my pocket. But I found it would be too long; and the age of the great epics is past.
- Gilbert K. Chesterton

From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it.
- Groucho Marx

There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written.
- Oscar Wilde

He that composes himself is wiser than he that composes a book.
- Benjamin Franklin

The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life and one is as good as the other.
- Ernest Hemingway

Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
- Maya Angelou

If I read a book that impresses me, I have to take myself firmly by the hand, before I mix with other people; otherwise they would think my mind rather queer.
- Anne Frank

The book salesman should be honored because he brings to our attention, as a rule, the very books we need most and neglect most.
- Confucius

There's so much more to a book than just the reading.
- Maurice Sendak

You cannot open a book without learning something.
- Confucius

Good children's literature appeals not only to the child in the adult, but to the adult in the child.
- Anonymous

When you sell a man a book, you don't sell him 12 ounces of paper and ink and glue - you sell him a whole new life.
- Christopher Morley

A book has got smell. A new book smells great. An old book smells even better. An old book smells like ancient Egypt.
- Ray Bradbury

Every book is a quotation; and every house is a quotation out of all forests, and mines, and stone quarries; and every man is a quotation from all his ancestors.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Beware of the person of one book.
- Thomas Aquinas

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
- Saint Augustine

Another thing that freaks me out is time. Time is like a book. You have a beginning, a middle and an end. It's just a cycle.
- Mike Tyson

A bad book is as much of a labor to write as a good one, it comes as sincerely from the author's soul.
- Aldous Huxley

If I have not read a book before, it is, for all intents and purposes, new to me whether it was printed yesterday or three hundred years ago.
- William Hazlitt

I don't go by the rule book... I lead from the heart, not the head.
- Princess Diana

When I read a book I seem to read it with my eyes only, but now and then I come across a passage, perhaps only a phrase, which has a meaning for me, and it becomes part of me.
- W. Somerset Maugham

There is a great deal of difference between an eager man who wants to read a book and the tired man who wants a book to read.
- Gilbert K. Chesterton

A book worth reading is worth buying.
- John Ruskin

When it comes to the point where you occasionally look forward to being in prison on the basis that you might be able to spend a day reading a book, the realization dawns that perhaps the situation has become a little more stressful than you would like.
- Julian Assange

There are lots more Inspirational Quotes to help you in making your life great.